General Information > General Discussion

Introduce Yourself

(1/4) > >>

walkingintheair:
I thought it would be nice to make a thread where we could get to know each other better.

My name is Meghan, I live in south Florida (although the rest of my family is from Wisconsin).  I discovered Wee Forest Folk when I was around 12 or 13 years old at Bill Montague's "Mouse Trap" shop in Concord, MA while visiting my brother in Lexington, MA.  I'm in my late 30's now and aside from Wee Forest Folk I enjoy gardening, reading (really enjoying the Bronte sisters and Elizabeth Gaskell right now) and just took up learning embroidery. I wish I knew carpentry. because then I could make my own shelving for wee forest folk, as well as picture frames and garden fencing.

Jdroman26:
Hi Meghan,

My name is Julie. I live in the Detroit, MI area. I started collecting WFF when I was 19 years old.  I?m now 52 and except for a period of around 8 years, I have always collected the mice. I remember walking past a Hallmark store and spotting them and I was hooked.  I create miniature settings for my mice.  I generally use kits to achieve this.  My dad is an avid woodworker so I am trying to learn from him how to use the band saw, etc so that I too could create some other and more intricate displays for the mice.

walkingintheair:
Hi Julie :) Nice to meet you.  Do you remember what store it was you first saw them at?

Jdroman26:
So hopefully this goes through. I?m
Having some operator issues I think. lol.  In any case, I can?t remember the name of the Hallmark store I first saw the WFF at. After that though, I found a local store called Plain and Fancy who became my go to for the mice.   

walkingintheair:
It went through.  I didn't know Hallmark ever sold wee forest folk so I had thought you meant you had seen them at a store nearby a Hallmark. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version