General Information > General Discussion

Interesting ebay listings

<< < (2/2)

Jdroman26:
I only have a few of the Expo pieces. I agree that they do appear ?fancier? than the normal line pieces.  Some of the regular line pieces are so attractive because of their simplicity I think. You had mentioned Garden Getaway and I think that piece is so desirable.  Did you purchase Spring Surprises?  I like it but didn?t love it.  Is it one of those pieces that is even cuter in person?

walkingintheair:
I didn't purchase it.  I thought about it, but decided not to.  Perhaps if one shows up somewhere I will think about it again. 

The Black Friday free jack in the box miniature sold for $643.

walkingintheair:
Suddenly another Jack in the Box has showed up on ebay.  It says it's new, while the last one says it was pre-owned.

A question I have is how do you ever know if a wee forest folk is brand new?  I usually don't pay attention to this in descriptions because wouldn't it be easy to just put a pre owned piece with no defects back in a bag and put it in a box and call it new?

Geoff:
A piece is new if it comes from either the Factory or a retailer; anywhere else is technically the secondary market. The Factory is willing to sell time-limited pieces for a while, but then they may turn the rest of their inventory over to a retailer like FairyTales.
Personally, if I cannot distinguish a piece as being not new, it's new to me, and that's good enough.
I might add that some collectors are so picky about their pieces that if I ever have a chance to buy from one of them, the piece will probably be BETTER than new!

walkingintheair:
I feel the same way.  If there is nothing noticeably wrong with it, it's as good as new.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version