Skip to main content

Author Topic: Tutmouse value?

s
Tutmouse value?
OP: April 15, 2021, 05:59:59 AM
I have a Tutmouse TM01  (the blue version) that I purchased in Provincetown in Cape Cod in 1978.  Does anyone have an idea what its fair market value might be?  I'll be selling it and have no idea what to ask.
  • IP logged

• Administrator
Re: Tutmouse value?
#1: April 15, 2021, 06:53:16 PM
Lucky you! Unfortunately, no one knows what price to ask, and if they tell you they do, I wouldn't believe them!

Tut mice, like a few other rarities, come up so infrequently that there is no good measure of their worth. Your best bet is an auction on eBay or wherever. I have no doubt a Tut mouse will garner the attention it deserves.
  • IP logged

s
#2: April 16, 2021, 02:41:07 AM
Thanks.  That explains why I couldn't find any info on line.  So that begs the question:  what's the highest price paid for a WFF at auction?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
#3: April 17, 2021, 01:19:37 AM
Good question, although rather hard to answer accurately since not every WFF auction was recorded. But I can say that a Town Crier with green coat sold for $15,500 on eBay in 2010. A couple of Beauty and the Beasts were asking $11,000 and $12,000, but it's unknown if they actually sold for those prices. Then there's a long line of Asks until another Sold shows up for..a Tut mouse pair! Sold for $5352.51 in 2008, but keep in mind that was around the height of WFF mania. Secondary prices have declined significantly since then.
  • IP logged

s
#4: April 19, 2021, 04:59:10 AM
Thanks!  That puts things in perspective a bit.   I'll list it in eBay today at 10K and see if there's any interest.  Thanks so much for your help.
  • IP logged

• Administrator
#5: April 19, 2021, 12:53:53 PM
You're welcome...although I suspect you'll get more interest starting at $2000.
  • IP logged