Skip to main content

Author Topic: Interesting ebay listings

J
Interesting ebay listings
#1: February 17, 2024, 09:13:32 PM
I have never seen that jack in the box piece before.  I would suspect it will go for a very high price.  The piece with the gnomes went for over $700 on eBay today.  I have never paid a price that high for a piece nor do I think I would. 
  • IP logged

#2: February 19, 2024, 03:05:58 PM
Those were some pricey gnomes. 
  • IP logged

J
#3: February 20, 2024, 06:55:08 AM
I agree.  lol.  Did you ever go to the Mouse Expos ?  I belonged to the Michigan collectors club in the 90?s but it disbanded.  I never went to the Expos and I could kick myself now.  So many cute pieces that now are either hard to find or are priced so high.  Did you see the piece on Ebay now that is the magician?  So darn cute.
  • IP logged

#4: February 20, 2024, 03:04:56 PM
No, I've never been to any expos.  Any wee forest gatherings I found were too far away for me to attend.  I had wanted to go to a factory tour but then covid happened and they were stopped.  I don't know if they are doing tours again.  I saw the magician piece.  I don't think anybody will pay that much for it but I could be wrong! To be honest, the expo pieces usually aren't my favorite.  They are a little fancy for me.  I do like the new "Spring Surprises" WFFCC piece though.
  • IP logged

J
#5: February 20, 2024, 06:55:56 PM
I only have a few of the Expo pieces. I agree that they do appear ?fancier? than the normal line pieces.  Some of the regular line pieces are so attractive because of their simplicity I think. You had mentioned Garden Getaway and I think that piece is so desirable.  Did you purchase Spring Surprises?  I like it but didn?t love it.  Is it one of those pieces that is even cuter in person?

• IP logged

#6: February 22, 2024, 02:26:15 PM
I didn't purchase it.  I thought about it, but decided not to.  Perhaps if one shows up somewhere I will think about it again. 

The Black Friday free jack in the box miniature sold for $643.
  • IP logged

#7: February 24, 2024, 03:02:41 PM
Suddenly another Jack in the Box has showed up on ebay.  It says it's new, while the last one says it was pre-owned.

A question I have is how do you ever know if a wee forest folk is brand new?  I usually don't pay attention to this in descriptions because wouldn't it be easy to just put a pre owned piece with no defects back in a bag and put it in a box and call it new?
  • IP logged

• Administrator
Re: Interesting ebay listings
#8: February 26, 2024, 08:43:26 PM
A piece is new if it comes from either the Factory or a retailer; anywhere else is technically the secondary market. The Factory is willing to sell time-limited pieces for a while, but then they may turn the rest of their inventory over to a retailer like FairyTales.
Personally, if I cannot distinguish a piece as being not new, it's new to me, and that's good enough.
I might add that some collectors are so picky about their pieces that if I ever have a chance to buy from one of them, the piece will probably be BETTER than new!
  • IP logged

#9: February 28, 2024, 08:33:27 PM
I feel the same way.  If there is nothing noticeably wrong with it, it's as good as new.

• IP logged